Newsboys' Strike: 120th Anniversary - Day 7


Me
Aged 15 or 16
Indianapolis, Indiana


Oh my gosh, you guys. I can't believe I actually found the pictures of myself dressed like a newsy! Just look at my "don't mess with me" expression. haha! (Don't mind the oval. I'm protecting my sibling's privacy.) 😊

I have to confess something. As a teen I watched the movie Newsies at least 50 times. Maybe more. I had it on VHS! Ooooh! I had the piano music and loved playing Santa Fe and Seize the Day. But it went much farther than that. When I finally got a nanny job in my dream location (near NYC on Long Island - of course!), after a couple months, I'd call home and talk with a New York accent. Oh my gosh. (Hand smack to the head!) Why my mother never said a word I don't know. She's such a sweet mom! haha!

So, yes, I own the movie now - on DVD. Have I ever watched it? Nope! Why, you ask? Because I still have the stinkin' movie memorized! haha! I may just have to dust it off to watch my with kids though. Being that it's the 120th anniversary of the real deal and all. 


Here are the articles for Thursday, July 27, 1899. While yesterday had the high of the huge newsboys meeting at Irving Hall, today's articles hit a real low with the suspicion of the thing that all strikers loathe - a sell out.

**Please respect all my hard work and investment. Please do not copy, store, or share these photos elsewhere without permission and proper linking back to this blog as well as correctly referencing where all the articles come from. Without the references, they pretty much become useless.
Thank you!

NEW YORK SUN

New York Sun
27 July 1899
part 1
 Strikers in another state!
New York Sun
27 July 1899
part 2


NEW YORK HERALD

New York Herald
27 July 1899
part 1

New York Herald
27 July 1899
part 2

New York Herald
27 July 1899
part 3

New York Herald
27 July 1899
part 4


NEW YORK TRIBUNE

New York Tribune
27 July 1899
part 1
 Check out this song!!
New York Tribune
27 July 1899
part 2

New York Tribune
27 July 1899
part 3

New York Tribune
27 July 1899
part 4


NEW YORK TIMES

New York Times
27 July 1899
See ya tomorrow!