Newsboys' Strike: 120th Anniversary - Day 10

Another rare picture of me dressed as a newsy!
Aged 16
Indiana


I'm so excited I found more pictures of myself dressed like a newsy! I'm glad to see that I'm smiling. So many of my pictures from this time I wanted to be serious. Teenagers. Ha! 😏

Speaking of pictures... today is very exciting. It's another article with more pictures of the newsboys! Now, I don't know if the pictures are more cartoon than real likenesses, but I like to think that the drawings bear a slight resemblance to the real boys made famous by the strike. In any case, these pictures are amazing. And once again, I'm pretty sure you can't find these anywhere else online, because of the gap in available online issues of the New York Daily Herald! So, feast your eyes, my friends and I'll see you tomorrow!

Here are the articles for Sunday, July 30, 1899.

**Please respect all my hard work and investment. Please do not copy, store, or share these photos elsewhere without permission and proper linking back to this blog as well as correctly referencing where all the articles come from. Without the references, they pretty much become useless.
Thank you!


NEW YORK HERALD


New York Daily Herald
30 July 1899
part 1

New York Daily Herald
30 July 1899
part 2

New York Daily Herald
30 July 1899
part 3

New York Daily Herald
30 July 1899
part 4

New York Daily Herald
30 July 1899
part 5


Just 3 days left of the celebration! I've got a finale planned, so stay tuned!