The Diary of Mrs. X - Installment 4

I'm sorry it's been a terribly long while since I last posted about Mrs. X's diary. This entry is chock full of good stuff!



Friday, February 2, 1945
Pouring rain! Changed my mind a dozen times about going to conference. At last minute decided to leave my poor car in garage & walk to street car. A neighbor picked me up & took me to depot – I wore Cheryl’s rain cape & Connie’s rubber boots! Beige slacks & green umbrella. I was a sight – but was glad I went. It was [fine?]. The – G. S. licensed leaders’ conference was at Plummer Park in Hollywood. It is a lovely place & exceptionally fine buildings. There were at least 50 people there. I got some wonderful new ideas & saw many “old friends”. “Leo” Mrs. Pronty [?], asked if my Scouts would take over the “Scout’s Own” at Griffith Park Camp.
Went to Sears looking for boots afterward. Later waited 1 hr. & 10 minutes for a bus that never came at [?] H depot. Took another streetcar & walked 7/8 mile.
Brownie fly-up at Victory


Street cars, rain capes & rubber boots. I love how self-conscious she felt with her fashion being all cobbled together because of the rain - wearing her daughter's rain cape and her husband's boots.
Lots of great details about Girl Scouts (G.S.) and that she went shopping at Sears.