Be A Citizen Archivist!

Our Nation's Archivists Need You!


It's been awhile since I've posted something non-food related, so when I saw this cool service opportunity, I just had to share! The National Archives has millions of documents in its collections that are free for the public to peruse. The challenge, of course, is that most people are not able to visit the archives in person. It's their mission to digitize their documents so that they can be available to all! Neat, huh?

Of course that means tons of volunteers are needed to help transcribe and tag documents. You can be a citizen archivist! You pick a project that looks interesting and get to work. I am super, super excited that one of their projects is transcribing World War II menus! How cool is that??! I think we all know what I'm going to be working on...

I did an internship at my university's archives, so I know how tedious archivists jobs are. But I also know how vital their work is in preserving documents to our nation's history. It's a big job! So, help out your friendly archivists at the Capital and volunteer some time!

To find out more, head over to the National Archives Missions page HERE.