Wartime Menu Challenge: August - Finale!



I can't believe it's been six months already! The end of the challenge is finally here, and I've planned something special. I've pulled this month's menus from a ration cookbook from my collection that I haven't had the chance to explore yet. I've loved exploring the awesome variety of wartime recipes in this rare cookbook.

The menus feature lunch box ideas. I wanted to go back to this topic, because it's fun and there are so many great lunch ideas from wartime! The book has four different weeks of lunch box menus for four different job types - school, office, factory, and home - and I share them all! That's a lot of great ideas to help give your own lunch box a boost of 1940s wartime goodness.

Thanks again for following along! Please let me know if you try any of the recipes and how it went.

Keep checking back for more vintage recipes, challenges, and miscellaneous History adventures!

You can get the August menus HERE.

(The menus are no longer available here, but more resources will be available soon at my new website American Victory Kitchen!)