Wartime Menu Challenge - May's Menus Are Here!


It's that time again! It's the first of a new month and time for some new WWII ration menus! I didn't get to cook as many meals as I wanted for April - just three. So, I'm hoping with the theme for May being lunch box menus, that I'll have a lot more opportunities to make more recipes! I shouldn't have any excuses either. There are so many ideas to choose from. The 1940s were such a wealth of sandwich filling ideas - some exciting, others more questionable... 

In fact, I was so excited about learning more about vintage sandwich making that I bought a 1950 sandwich cookbook. Ever heard of Sandwich Loaf? Yeah, that's the epitome of my sandwich goals right there! I'm going to have to get up the courage and just make it one of these days, preferably for a party where I get others to eat it too... It makes a lot, okay? haha!

Well, without further ado... the menus!

Download May's Menus Here

(The menus are no longer available here, but more resources will be available soon at my new website American Victory Kitchen!)

As always, please respect my hard work and if you'd like to share, please give them the link to my blog so they can download it from here. Thank you and here's to a fun May!

P.S. I'm going to put another challenge out there - make some of these fun 1940s lunches and take them to work with you. It'll be a great conversation starter! 😉 I'm also curious about how energy levels would be from eating these lunches. They were real sticklers about wartime workers getting the proper nutrition. I'd love to hear about your experience! Comment below or share your wartime creations from this challenge on Instagram using #wartimemenuchallenge2018.