Vintage Banana Tuesday: Day 6 - Banana Omelet

Oops! I'm a day late, but yesterday was busy, and I only managed to post the new banana recipe on Instagram. I'm still getting a handle on adding a baby to our daily mix, and he's getting older and staying awake longer which means I don't get nearly as much done as I did before between naps. Ack! Such is life with baby. :-)

Published 1930
If you remember from a previous banana post about the 1930s ad/recipe for Bananas in Orange Juice, this booklet was mentioned at the bottom. I was super, duper excited to actually find that little booklet, Bananas in the Modern Manner (1930), from a seller on Amazon. Today's recipe comes from this fun little booklet chock full of interesting banana recipes.

Banana Omelet! At first I thought, well, maybe this is just a fancy version of a crepe recipe. But it's not, because there isn't any flour. It really is just a straight up omelet... with sugar and butter added. I think this one could be pretty tasty. What do you think?

Banana Omelet
Don't you love this cute bit of artwork?