A Bit of This and That

Organizing in progress
(Do you see the hint of chaos on my sewing table?) haha!

I've been a little quiet on here for a while. Life happens which is inevitable of course, especially with a 2 month old baby!

I've been trying to keep up on some of my projects. I've done some work on a 1930s quilt I'm sewing, which I've posted about on Instagram. I've nearly gotten my 18th century petticoat complete. It just needs to be hemmed and the tape drawstring to be put in. I'm in the process of cleaning out and organizing my sewing closet. I've even dabbled a bit at my writing, though that's been more sparse than I'd like. Ah well!

Lately, I've been trying to beef up our family's WWII Boy Scout impression/display in preparation for this season of reenacting. It's been a lot of research and acquiring of items, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit! There's just something about camping and scouting in the first half of the 1900s that fascinates me. It's just so cool! I was really excited to purchase two original photographs of a Cub Scout troop from the mid-late 1940s with a teepee in the background.

Anyway, I just tried a new ration recipe that I'll post about really soon and hopefully I'll be finished with my petticoat this week! So, stay tuned!