Regency Bonnet

Oh dear! I'm afraid I haven't been very attentive to my blog lately. I apologize.
We've been busy with homeschooling and housekeeping and other things.

I finally finished trimming my Regency bonnet, though, and wanted to post some pictures!

Here it is! I used feathers, artificial flowers and brown & wine-colored velvet ribbons

I can't say that this bonnet is the most flattering for my face shape, so I may need to find a different style.

I also found this gorgeous gold Indian-inspired cotton. Unfortunately, the gold is more muted in the picture. It's actually a delicious, rich gold/orangy/yellow.


The pen is to show the scale of the print.
I think it will make a lovely Regency dress. I was thinking of trying this with the cross-over style.
Hopefully, 2 1/2 yards will be enough!