Progress on the Chemise

I am finally making some progress on my entirely hand-sewn chemise! I even took it to book group last night and finished the hem. I'd say that was a valuable use of my time! Intellectual stimulation, female social interaction, and sewing progress all the same time! It was a lovely evening. :-)

Now all I have left is to cut some bias fabric to sew around the neck, put in the drawstring, and hem the sleeves and then it will be finished! I do hope I'll get it done at least before the end of the month. It's ridiculous how long it's taking as it's a fairly simple garment to make, but I just keep putting it off. Just the thought of hand sewing can be intimidating, but once I get going, it's not that big of a deal.

On another note. I just heard about a giveaway from American Duchess shoes and had to write about it. Their historically inspired/repro shoes are absolutely stunning and I'm not even that big of a shoe person! However, when I see shoes like their "Gibson" shoes, even I go a little misty-eyed. *sigh* They even have those tall button-up Victorian boots! Eeek!!!! Such gorgeous shoes! Anyone can enter for the give-away so give it a try! The end date is Feb. 26th, I believe.

Here is a little bit about American Duchess that I found interesting:
American Duchess is a small, historical, reproduction footwear company based in Reno, Nevada, USA. It was born from an inability to find elegant, affordable, comfortable and historically accurate footwear. Partnering with a community of hundreds of frustrated costumers around the world, we now manufacture a growing line of beautifully hand crafted 18th Century, Regency and Edwardian shoes as well as reproduction shoe buckles and silk stockings.